Hello from india mumbai

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
31ºc 66% humudity hot climate rains when it gets more hot
Country
India
Hello everyone im from india from maharashtra state and risiding in mumbai city
Started developing interest in growing plants like herbs veggies just almost a month back planted we are growing plants in containers we use anything from plastic oil cans to cardboard boxes coriender ,ginger ,basil than thai basil , water spinach
Just planted today lemongrass and onion
Im very much new in planting im soon shifting to usa by march 2016 soo wanted to plant some fast growing veggies and want to enjoy its fruits

Which are the herbs vegetables can be grown in containers at ease
Here the climate in mumbai its hot its a it has high rate of humidity and its 31 ºc here and if the heat increases in rains and the tempreture drops but humidity is intact i live near sea side the air is salty
Waitind forward to hear from all experienced gardners

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
India
20150914_110654.jpg
Here is coriender growing im sorry if the quality of the picture is bad 20150914_110654.jpg

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :) Nice to meet you (y) Congrats on starting a new life in the US next year, that is a big move! I wish you the best of luck with that! I'll be in a similar situation as well next year (y) Best of luck with everything, I hope you have a lot fun with your little herb garden as well, and can enjoy it while you are still home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
India
  1. Welcome to the forum :) Nice to meet you (y) Congrats on starting a new life in the US next year, that is a big move! I wish you the best of luck with that! I'll be in a similar situation as well next year (y) Best of luck with everything, I hope you have a lot fun with your little herb garden as well, and can enjoy it while you are still home.

Hey thank u soo much for such a warm welcome and wishes i so appreciate it
    Best of luck to u too
    thanks a million
    :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Hi Disha and welcome. Not best on herbs myself but there are lots of people on the forum who are and they will help you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
Thank u sooo much for wonderful welcome
Love this forum its soo informative
Welcome Disha... India or US, it will be Mother Earth. I'm sure you will find yourself digging the earth half way round from where you now live. I saw Cilantro picture above.. good, one of the quick growing herbs for daily use. What about mint? Buy some for cooking, save a few sticks and plant them!
Grow more Cilantro - sow seeds one week apart in two pots.... by the time one pot is over, the next will be ready! Enjoy whatever little time you have in India before you embark on a new phase of life. Good Luck.

Ask a Question