Hello from california!

Reaction score
My name is Craig, I live in southern California, with my rescue dog, Bobbi. & I have loved gardening for many years now. The past 5 of those years, I have lived in an upstairs Condo, but it has a very large deck for my container garden!

I may not be as knowledgeable as most of you, but I just do it as it's fun to (try!) & be creative & I find it very relaxing!

I'm looking forward to reading & posting with all of you !

Best wishes!

Reaction score
I guess I should add; with respect to my Username & Avatar, it is the Beast from Beauty & the Beast TV series, which evolved from the play & from the original French Film of the same title.

While I can relate to the Beast, I am not a bad guy, in fact, I'm very nice! Add the Sweet & you have SweetBeast!

Jed

Reaction score
Well hello SweetBeast. Welcome to gardening forums.
The Usernames and avatars maybe do reflect who we are.
I'm not really a wallaby but I certainly live close by with many.
There has been many past threads and interesting posts on balcony and container gardening by the many on this forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.:)

Reaction score
Jed, thanks so much ! And yes, I am looking forward to becoming more involved here & receiving some advice from any & all! There's no doubt I will enjoy spending some time here!
Thanks again:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums SweetBeast.:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:)

Afraid I will, only had the one flower & all the seeds were hollow, didn't get polinated.

Makes note to self, plant 2 next time:D

California? Heard it never rains there.

Reaction score
:)

Afraid I will, only had the one flower & all the seeds were hollow, didn't get polinated.

Makes note to self, plant 2 next time:D

California? Heard it never rains there.

Never thought of the pollination, no bees or hummers? My problem zigs is I write notes to myself, then A, I can't find them or 2, I walk by them & don't bother to read. I had hoped the act of writing it would trigger my memory for whatever I wrote, but, I'm sorry, what were we talking about? See ? Oh well.

And Albert Hammond never thought it rained here & I was beginning to think he's a prophet, yet the past few weeks, we have had a few small storms pass through - we may get from .10 - .25" of rain from tonight's storms, so I guess it's something ! They are getting some water in the mountains & a lot of rain in Central & Northern California, which is good as we get most of our water from there. We actually get most of our rain after the turn of the new year.

Thanks zigs!

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Many thanks Becky & very glad to be here! I see you're also a fan of the lovely Audrey Hepburn. I was telling another, my favorite film of hers is Roman Holiday with no doubt & second would be Funny Face! Yet, how could I not like Sabrina, My Fair Lady(she made a wonderful Eliza!) & of course Breakfast at Tiffany's, but one thing in that film has always bothered me. So what is your favorite film of hers, if you have one?

Best....

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Never thought of the pollination, no bees or hummers? My problem zigs is I write notes to myself, then A, I can't find them or 2, I walk by them & don't bother to read. I had hoped the act of writing it would trigger my memory for whatever I wrote, but, I'm sorry, what were we talking about? See ? Oh well.

And Albert Hammond never thought it rained here & I was beginning to think he's a prophet, yet the past few weeks, we have had a few small storms pass through - we may get from .10 - .25" of rain from tonight's storms, so I guess it's something ! They are getting some water in the mountains & a lot of rain in Central & Northern California, which is good as we get most of our water from there. We actually get most of our rain after the turn of the new year.

Thanks zigs!

I had Russian sunflowers nearby, but they turned out to be the same, the 2 weren't compatible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks Becky & very glad to be here! I see you're also a fan of the lovely Audrey Hepburn. I was telling another, my favorite film of hers is Roman Holiday with no doubt & second would be Funny Face! Yet, how could I not like Sabrina, My Fair Lady(she made a wonderful Eliza!) & of course Breakfast at Tiffany's, but one thing in that film has always bothered me. So what is your favorite film of hers, if you have one?

Best....

Got to be My Fair Lady - I think I know every word!! It was one of my favourite films as a child :)

Ask a Question