Hello From Belmar, NJ. Can someone please tell me how to propagate this plant ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm Sue :).

I'm not sure, but I think this plant is a buttercup. It grows profusely in my uncle's garden, and I've always admired it and would like to add it to my garden. I need you very knowledgeable gardening people to verify exactly what it is, and if possible instruct me on how to propagate. As you can see, right now I have split the stalk slightly and have it sitting in water. Please advise if this is the correct way and what may I expect as far as rooting goes.
IMG_2521.jpg

Thanking you in anticipation!! (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Hello! :)
This is one of the species of the Oenothera. Oenothera easily multiplies by dividing the bush. You can simply separate several plants and transplant. The best time is spring and autumn. But I also did it successfully in the summer, better during the rains. If there is no rain, then the transplant is possible in the evening together with good watering.
Oenothera is prone to rapid growth, it seizes neighboring territories, creates dense shrubs.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums
All you need is to wait and separate in the fall. Evening primrose are easy to grow and you can end up with them all over your yard,the wind will spread the seeds. They seem to love the cold and snow we get here in the northeast.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your knowledgeable replies and your welcomes, they are truly appreciated. I guess I'll have to wait til fall to plant them :(. Patience is a virtue lol.

Ask a Question