Hello All,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I live in S, Fl. Not a pro. I have a variety of outdoor plants from Orchids to succulents. I have a few desert rose. Two I have are about 9-10 yrs. Previously they would pod and I was able to harvest and germinate the seeds. I repotted them about two years ago and they have never flowered as well as they did previously, nor do they pod. I tried them inside the pool cage and also out, no luck. The plants without the pots stand about 4-5 feet tall. I would like them to flower and pod as they have in the past. Any ideas? and Thank You.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
GKBONE, Welcome to the forums!! :)

What is the plant with the beautiful pink flowers in your avatar picture? :love: Is that a desert rose?

When you repotted them, did you put them in a slightly .bigger pot, or did you go much bigger, in order to not have to repot so soon? o_O
If you went with a much bigger pot, then the plant will try to fill all available soil with roots, before working on foliage and flowers. (Weird, I know.)

I think they test the boundaries of the available nutrients before deciding what to do with them.:cautious:

What
is a pool cage? :confused:

Any ideas?
Yes. :D

First, it is easier for everyone if you put your plant hardiness zone in your user profile. It is easier for you because you do not have to start every post or thread with: "I live in south Florida, . . ." and it is easier for everyone else, because it literally gives us an idea of where you're coming from. It affects everything from what will be perennial, to when to plant certain things, to what pests may be surviving in your climate.
If you do not know your zone, it can be found here: https://www.gardening-forums.com/pages/hardiness-zone/
Once you've found your zone, you can enter it in your user profile page (here)

Second, the "Introductions" forum is more or less a meet and greet. It's a nice place to say "Hi, here I am," and you may get some answers to your problems here... but the meat is in the forums. You'll probably want to start a thread in "Perennials" or "General Gardening Talk" to get the attention of the majority of the forum. (For example - I know we have at least one member that grows Adeniums, but I've never seen her in "Introductions") :unsure:

Again, welcome!! :D Now, go get posting!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Welcome! :)
I also grow Adenium. In short - if you want a nice ass,it is necessary to cut the plant. Do you want a beautiful flower - not circumcised.
I agree with @MaryMary . If you open a separate topic, it will be possible to discuss the details there.

(For example - I know we have at least one member that grows Adeniums, but I've never seen her in "Introductions")

I timidly interested ...
blush.gif
This is me?

girl_bye2.gif
https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/hello-from-russia.6862/ :):):)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States

What is the plant with the beautiful pink flowers in your avatar picture? :love: Is that a desert rose?

When you repotted them, did you put them in a slightly .bigger pot, or did you go much bigger, in order to not have to repot so soon? o_O
If you went with a much bigger pot, then the plant will try to fill all available soil with roots, before working on foliage and flowers. (Weird, I know.)

I think they test the boundaries of the available nutrients before deciding what to do with them.:cautious:

What

First, it is easier for everyone if you put your plant hardiness zone in your user profile. It is easier for you because you do not have to start every post or thread with: "I live in south Florida, . . ." and it is easier for everyone else, because it literally gives us an idea of where you're coming from. It affects everything from what will be perennial, to when to plant certain things, to what pests may be surviving in your climate.
If you do not know your zone, it can be found here: https://www.gardening-forums.com/pages/hardiness-zone/

Second, the "Introductions" forum is more or less a meet and greet. It's a nice place to say "Hi, here I am," and you may get some answers to your problems here... but the meat is in the forums. You'll probably want to start a thread in "Perennials" or "General Gardening Talk" to get the attention of the majority of the forum. (For example - I know we have at least one member that grows Adeniums, but I've never seen her in "Introductions") :unsure:

Thank You!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States

What

Yes, the avatar picture is one of my desert rose. The transplanted pot was just slightly larger. A pool cage is a screened structure that covers a pool to keep leaves etc. out.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I timidly interested ...
blush.gif
This is me?

girl_bye2.gif
Yes, Larisa, it is you!! I had just seen your Adenium picture shortly before I opened this thread. I didn't know what a desert rose was, so I looked it up. And that was when I knew GKBONE can get help here! ;) :D

You joined before I did, and I never saw your introduction thread. But what I really meant was that I wasn't sure if you came to this part of the forum... I see you in other parts of the forum, but I wasn't sure if you visited "Introductions." :confused:

I guess you can still surprise me! :ROFLMAO:

(I love that little waving girl. She makes me happy.)

Ask a Question