Heirloom seeds

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want fruits and vegetables like I had as a child...(a looong time ago). Is there any reputable company that sells heirloom seeds? I would appreciate any help in finding them.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I got Manx Marvel Tomatoes.

Bridgwater Beans & Ne Plus Ultra Peas :)

A few friends and I helped bring the Manx Marvel back from the edge of extinction.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wow, I had not even heard of Manx Marvel's. Got any seeds your willing to give out? Would love to try them.

We haven't started planting yet because of weather. It snowed yesterday.

Reaction score
Country
United States
WOW! Thanks all of you for all the links! We will surely get a bounty of heirloom seeds from these! MARLINGARDENER, I especially appreciate any tutorials! :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's been pointed out previously that if you'm looking for this heritage site,

http://www.realseeds.co.uk/

There's also a site that has aa very similar name that sells pot seeds that comes up :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It really too bad that we have to be so careful about wanting to have heirloom seeds and veggies and fruits like we used to have when we were kids. Why should we have to be so secretive or passive about wanting to preserve something that is part of our history. I read a news story about strains of wheat that we used to grow 50 years ago that were more hearty and contained more nutrients than what we produce now, but the strain is lost. I wish I could remember where I read it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It really too bad that we have to be so careful about wanting to have heirloom seeds and veggies and fruits like we used to have when we were kids. Why should we have to be so secretive or passive about wanting to preserve something that is part of our history. I read a news story about strains of wheat that we used to grow 50 years ago that were more hearty and contained more nutrients than what we produce now, but the strain is lost. I wish I could remember where I read it.

The Seed Underground by Janisse Ray is a great read on how our indifference has led to a huge loss in seed varieties.

Ask a Question