Having a little garden house

Reaction score
Country
Germany
In each city and town in Germany you always find an area with lots of little garden houses. Each of them has a little garden and every owner grows their own little fruits, vegetables, plants, flowers, etc.
I have always thought about buying one when I become older and just spend time there away from the everyday hassle and have family and friends over for coffee and cake.
I have a friend who rents out a garden house and it is so nice but also means a lot of hard work.
I was wondering do you have little garden houses where you live? Do you own or rent one?
Would you consider taking the garden you have now and bringing them to a new place such as a little garden house?
I am interested to read and hear about your thoughts.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Sounds fascinating. It would be too forward thinking for NA IMO. No doubt they would become similar to tent cities for the destitute and disowned.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK we call the areas 'allotments' although sadly they don't tend to have summerhouses - a lot of them will have sheds, but that's mainly for practical purposes (eg tool storage) and not leisure. I like the sound of the ones in Germany!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
In each city and town in Germany you always find an area with lots of little garden houses. Each of them has a little garden and every owner grows their own little fruits, vegetables, plants, flowers, etc.
I have always thought about buying one when I become older and just spend time there away from the everyday hassle and have family and friends over for coffee and cake.
I have a friend who rents out a garden house and it is so nice but also means a lot of hard work.
I was wondering do you have little garden houses where you live? Do you own or rent one?
Would you consider taking the garden you have now and bringing them to a new place such as a little garden house?
I am interested to read and hear about your thoughts.

How about some photos of the various garden houses?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I own a little garden house , I'm going to winter a few plants in it .
My garden is here to stay

image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have here makers of such little houses that we call KUBO to mean a hut. It is made of bamboo and nipa (a kind of grass) for the roofing. It's portable so you can place it anywhere in your garden. It's such a cool resting place. A friend living in the other block has one and we usually see him resting in his hut and drinking beer. My husband also liked one of those but we have no more space because our garden is just small. And we couldn't afford that hut because the price tag is more than $500. That's pretty expensive here. In fairness, it is like a real house where you can even sleep even if it rains.

Ask a Question