8b
Country
United States
Has spring sprung? I doubt it,
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
but some of my peach trees thinks so

Reaction score
Although my almond trees definitely think spring has arrived - as not only have they had blossom but now have leaves and my apricot trees are having a hard time not agreeing - as they too are bursting into blossom - I feel more inclined to agree with my peach and cherry trees - who have so far resisted the temptation to burst into blossom even though we are currently experiencing some very spring like weather - that spring hasn't quite arrived yet - particularly as according to the forecast for the weekend - we are going to be getting some pretty harsh night time temperatures once again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Although my almond trees definitely think spring has arrived - as not only have they had blossom but now have leaves and my apricot trees are having a hard time not agreeing - as they too are bursting into blossom - I'm feel more inclined to agree with my peach and cherry trees - who have so far resisted the temptation to burst into blossom even though we are currently experiencing some very spring like weather - that spring hasn't quite arrived yet - particularly as according to the forecast for the weekend - we are going to be getting some pretty harsh night time temperatures once again.
My peach trees are notorious liars. Mine lie to me just about every year. The only truthful trees I have are pecan and mesquite and so far they are keeping quiet.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The ball is starting to roll here in Manchester, I've cut the grass a couple of times now and started working outside tidying things up in anticipation. I spent Weds replacing some broken sandstone flags, but I had loads of mortar left over so I decided to re-do any failing joints elsewhere... my legs are paying the price today!

The lime trees (not the nice citrus type unfortunately, these ones instead) along our back fence are starting to bud and will no doubt explode with foliage over the coming weeks.

Reaction score
My peach trees are notorious liars. Mine lie to me just about every year. The only truthful trees I have are pecan and mesquite and so far they are keeping quiet.

I'm lucky then as mine are reasonably honest and fairly reliable :D unlike my walnut trees - who like your pecan amd mesquite's are notorious liars - even to the point that they often try to convince me that winter hasn't yet arrived.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Our almond trees have bloomed and dropped their flowers. I wish It was longer lived. They're so pretty! My wildflowers are starting to bloom and I saw my first American Robin yesterday. Spring is here... And so is summer. 90 degrees expected on Sunday :/ I hope my plants are strong enough to make it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Chuck, our almonds broke into bloom this week-what a welcome sight! The pear and apple trees have little fuzzy bumps which are harbingers of bloom, but so far nothing. The Rose of Sharon shrub and the vitex are also showing signs of growth.
The only things really growing and blooming are weeds--anyone want some Henbit?

Reaction score
Indeed it has sprung! Nice picture! I miss my father's peach trees, those tiny pink flowers. I have a lot fond memories, I remember i often saw a couple caterpillars having a feast there, lol. I used to pick them, they were huge and looked weird! I kept them as pets. They were very thick, beige color with brown spots... does anyone know what kind of caterpillars were those?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your peach trees look beautiful:)
I saw crocuses in a park yesterday, but all trees here are leafless and grass is grey. I miss spring!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
My blueberry bush has finally started to flower. Trouble is we have been flip-flopping between spring and winter temperatures, and now summer is trying to push it's way in! We are expecting lows in the 50s and 60s and highs in the upper 70s in the immediate future. It may even get up to 80 on Monday!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Most of our daffodils are over and dead headed, one odd clump in the middle of my strawberry patch. The pear tree has been in bloom for a while, and today the quince is covered in blossom, it is very pretty. There were two quinces here when we came, who needs two quinces? I kept the best one and have been getting it into shape with some quite drastic pruning and engineering bricks hung from the branches to bring them down, they fruit better that way as well as making the tree a good shape. My beetroot are starting to come up, time for thinning and transplanting a few. The oak tree at the end of the garden is coming into leaf, and seedling weeds are springing up as fast as I hoe them down; Yes it is starting to happen.
PS. The strawberries I put in pots in the greenhouse have flowers, yum.

Ask a Question