Has anyond tried green smoothies?

Reaction score
Green smoothies are fundamentally soil grown foods and vegetable beverages that you mix into a smoothie in your blender. They're normally green because of the expansion of a considerable measure of verdant green veggies, for example, spinach or kale. Sounds terrible, isn't that so? :confused:Anyhow I discovered them to be shockingly delectable, and you know they are full loaded with great things like vitamins and fiber. Furthermore, I'm drinking them every day, and I'm surprised to seen that I've lost some weight without rolling out another improvements.

I consider what number of other individuals delight in them? Impart your most loved green smoothie formulas! ;)

Here's my most loved formula

1 container solidified or crisp pineapple

1 medium banana (ready and peeled)

1 inch bit of ginger

2 handfuls of spinach

1 mug water or coconut water (unpasteurized)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I tried drinking vegetable smoothies a while back because I read about their health benefits. They helped me lose some weight and feel better in general. My kidney stones were also expelled, and I credit that to my green smoothies. However, because I am too busy at work now, I no longer have time to make them. Here's my recipe though!

1 peeled banana
1 apple (sliced)
Spinach leaves (depends on your taste)
A handful of parsley
Water/Coconut water

Reaction score
I tried drinking vegetable smoothies a while back because I read about their health benefits. They helped me lose some weight and feel better in general. My kidney stones were also expelled, and I credit that to my green smoothies. However, because I am too busy at work now, I no longer have time to make them. Here's my recipe though!

1 peeled banana
1 apple (sliced)
Spinach leaves (depends on your taste)
A handful of parsley
Water/Coconut water

I've attempted that smoothie consolidation yet without the Apple included. Anyway I will unquestionably include the Apple in next time. I mix a bit of smoothie each morning for my beau and I. At the same time once in a while, I mix all green vegetables alone with crisp coconut water to provide for its flavor. Doing this each morning makes me feel extraordinary... :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Because I have waaaaay too many cucumbers I have been actually making them into smoothies. Milk, Cucumbers turned into puree and a scoop of my whey protein. It is like the perfect meal.

Reaction score
I didn't try green smoothies yet but I do have plans to buy the ingredients for them soon. Right now I do have some veggies and fruit so may start making one this week. My goal is to lose some weight and I know these healthy green smoothies will help me.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cucumbers and milk is not the first thing I would think of when making a smoothie but it does sound like I might give it a try. I like to add Kale to my smoothie along with pineapples and yogurt.

Reaction score
Agh, I always think I want to try them, then I remember how much I hate spinach and kale. :S

Reaction score
spinach and kale aren't the only options. Pick vegies that you like, in a variety of colors, add some fruit, experiment a bit. I never make mine the same way twice. Usually I start with a banana, it gives the smoothy a nice creamy start.

The liquid I use is most often coconut water, and anything in the garden or fridge is fair game.

I also juice wheat grass at times and prefer that to kale. It smells like you don't want to eat it, but then it tastes so nice, fresh and sweet you learn to ignore the smell of it alone. The smell isn't bad, it just doesn't smell like food.

Reaction score
Yes, I have. It took some adjustment and an experimental attitude to make me drink green smoothie in order to make it a regular habit to drink green smoothies. My staple ingredients in green smoothies are pineapple or mangoes (green or ripe), berries, and nuts. My favorite greens to include in my smoothies are moringa leaves,spinach, and kale.

I use live yogurt and sometimes add berries when they are in season. I have omitted bananas from my smoothies because it tends to make the smoothie slimy. My husband, who drinks smoothies with me does not like slimy smoothies.

Reaction score
Agh, I always think I want to try them, then I remember how much I hate spinach and kale. :S

Is it all spinach or is your dislike for it based on cooked spinach? The difference in taste between the two are incredible. My husband won't touch cooked spinach for anything but I put it on his sandwiches and in salads all the time and he loves it that way.

Dandelion greens are another option for smoothies. The taste is mild (pick the leaves when they are young) and free, just don't get them from areas that are full of chemicals, but mostly if the dandelions are growing, you are on unsprayed ground.

Reaction score
Because I have waaaaay too many cucumbers I have been actually making them into smoothies. Milk, Cucumbers turned into puree and a scoop of my whey protein. It is like the perfect meal.

That sounds awesome! Same problem, but I ended up juicing them instead. My gf prefers the juicer and throws in whatever else we have around. Apples, carrots, and kale mostly. The cucumbers are so refreshing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love green smoothies! They're so healthy and easy to make:) Usually, I have them for lunch.
My favorite recipe contains:
- 1 banana
- some parsley
- a few strawberries

Ask a Question