Has anybody seen ladybugs this year?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Saw the first Ladyboy of the year today. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
We have also had a lot of rain last month and some in May too so I wonder if that is it too. Everything is out of normal this year.

Ha! Normal? What's that? It's been so wet here this year that my yard is overrun by snails, ugh! We're having a less than oppressively hot summer though, and no hurricanes or tropical storms blowing through so far so no one is complaining. I think one of my strawberry plants is suffering from the excess moisture though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I've seen quite a bit of them lately here (west coast). I've been clearing a bunch of space and run into lots of bugs. Some not too worrisome (ants, ladybugs) others really annoying (ticks).

Reaction score
I've seen quite a bit of them lately here (west coast). I've been clearing a bunch of space and run into lots of bugs. Some not too worrisome (ants, ladybugs) others really annoying (ticks).

Yeah the ticks have been bad for a lot of people this year. Fleas and mosquitoes too! I know people who have no yard, indoor cats and live on the 3rd floor and there cats have fleas. That is bad :(

Reaction score
No, I haven't seen any yet, which is weird because normally here in Ireland I see them around May :(. I love the little things to be honest.

Reaction score
I think a lady bug landed on my boyfriend at the beginning of summer. I remember telling him it was good luck, so it must have been a lady bug! It's so strange because they're so cute, but at the same time, you do not want to see those buggers in bulk! They used to crowd around my aunt's ceiling, and it looked totally gross!

Reaction score
Here in Pennsylvania I have literally seen only one ladybug and unfortunately it is dead on my windowsill. I haven't given it much thought, but you are absolutely right. Where did they all go? Usually they are everywhere!

Reaction score
Not many here, sadly. That's sad because they love aphids... but we did saw an increasing number of dang grasshoppers! Fortunately it seemed they all were sick, because they started falling dead like flies! All over the city!! They were just everywhere!!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, sounds like one of those Biblical plagues :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I saw a few all at once and then they were gone. If I am successful in establishing a butterfly garden next year I will see what I can do to attract more lady bugs. The aphids are so annoying! They were all over my milkweed and I couldn't even spray soap because I had monarch caterpillars.

Reaction score
I haven't seen that many ladybugs around here like I use to. I use to see them.a lot, but now I see very few. I like ladybugs and I think they are so cute. I hope I get to see more when spring gets here.

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I have not seen a lot of ladybugs this year. A few years back, they were everywhere. This year I really haven't them so I am not sure if their numbers are back to normal or low. I have seen red, yellow, and brown ladybugs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I was just saying todqy I had not seen any ladybirds.

Reaction score
I think their numbers have gotten low because I didn't see that many of them around this year. I love ladybugs I think they are cute and I wonder if I will see more or less next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I saw a cute, red ladybug yesterday! It was walking on the wall of my house. Watching ladybugs always makes me happy:) It has been pretty warm here lately, so it's not a surprise that they're still active. I hope that I'll see more of them!

Ask a Question