Happy Diwali!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
IMG_20171019_223155_978.jpg

Wish you and your family a very joyous and prosperous Diwali ......
May your garden be flooded by blooms and your harvests be bountiful!!

20171019_221846.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thank you @Vishu1708 also called the Festival of Lights? Maybe you would like to give some people a few sentences regarding the significance of Diwali. Does it go on for a week? I cannot remember. A very happy Diwali to you too. I have seen photos of the festival in Mysuru from a friend there and it is glorious! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Thank you @Vishu1708 also called the Festival of Lights? Maybe you would like to give some people a few sentences regarding the significance of Diwali. Does it go on for a week? I cannot remember. A very happy Diwali to you too. I have seen photos of the festival in Mysuru from a friend there and it is glorious! :)
Yup, festival of lights.
Its a 5 day festival and actual diwali is on the Third day. Diwali falls on the new moon of Kartik month of the Saka calender.
it spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, good over evil, knowledge over ignorance, and hope over despair.

The festival in Mysuru is Dussera/Dasara which is exact 20 days before diwali

Here is the story behind diwali and dussera

Ask a Question