Happy 4th of July

Reaction score
Thank you Scotkat :) It is looking like a day of humid and possible rain, but otherwise it is always a fun time! Fireworks will be all over tonight and I can't wait to watch our local fireworks over the river Sunday! That is always a good show, tho the river has been high from all the rains so we may not be able to sit on the banks this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
It is raining here in Alabama, and thunderstorms supposed to be headed our way later today. We stocked up on necessities, and are going to just stay home and out of the traffic for the whole weekend, as much as possible.
The neighbors in the housing development have been shooting off some fireworks already, but they are not really close, so it is not scaring the dogs, and we can look from the porch deck if there are some pretty ones later tonite.

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm just working at my desk at home today. But I live in a Hispanic neighborhood in Miami so my neighbors set off fireworks. I'll probably go outside later to see the fireworks. I don't know how regular people are legally allowed to use those big fireworks that explode in the sky. I would be scared to use those for fear that I would blow my fingers off.

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm just working at my desk at home today. But I live in a Hispanic neighborhood in Miami so my neighbors set off fireworks. I'll probably go outside later to see the fireworks. I don't know how regular people are legally allowed to use those big fireworks that explode in the sky. I would be scared to use those for fear that I would blow my fingers off.

Accidents do happen with them on rare occasion when professionally done, but these professionals also have to go for a pyrotechnic license and they are trained. I wouldn't want to do it myself either! When the worst of accidents happen is quite often when the general public starts using those big fireworks without the training or proper equipment!

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I work nights, have to clock in just about the time the fireworks start. Bummer. Got to wait until the 4th falls on a weekend.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
It has been raining here all day yesterday, and again today. We didn't really have anything planned, anyway, but this certainly makes staying in the house, and just taking it easy, seem like a great option.
The rain is good for the garden and yard , in any case.
Tomorrow, if it is not pouring rain, I am going to take my little bowl , and go check the blackberries and see if they are ripe yet.
I am hoping that the rain has made them a little larger. The last time I looked, they were not ripe, and only about the size of a huckleberry .

Ask a Question