8a
Country
United States
Let me offer this fine specimen..
bbd3da6.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
My daughter and her wife. They are very creative ladies!

Attachments

• 2BC2C709-BC22-4240-90D1-390828CD85DC.jpeg
    2BC2C709-BC22-4240-90D1-390828CD85DC.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 129
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
IT was all his idea .
He spent weeks in the basement making the frame for it out of heavy wire. then we got the cloth and worked on making it fit the wire. thank goodness I have sewing skills (made dresses in the past) the unique thing about the creature was he had an internal tube, so the folks there could feed the creature little gold bars and it would poop out gold coins. To keep the neck/head stable we used fishing wire attached at certain points. As he walked with it, it has a slow swaying movement, it was just joyous to see. He needed help to have it lifted off and on. During the party it rested on a swing between two palm trees. Yes, we won. Also at that time Mel Fisher had commissioned an author to write a book on the exploits, and as luck would have it, we were included with statements and pictures of our win. So there is a book out there with 4 of our pictures in it.

Here is a video of a typical party that would have been when we attended. I know I did not video that night as I was involved making sure the entry etc went well. But when I mention party on the beach this is it, every year for the past 20 years, each a different theme. Its a members only, but members can invite guests, about 300 people attend. Not all costume.

Ask a Question