Hallo from sunny South Africa

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
New to forum. Bought succulent last week, was in the sun and got water. Not sure what is wrong with my plant. Can someone also help me with a name? Label says succulent, that does not help me.

Attachments

• IMG_4306.JPG
    IMG_4306.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 230
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Hantie Bensch, welcome to the forums :(

Sorry can't offer you any help , but I'm sure someone will drop by soon who can (y)

If you click onto Forums ( at the top , left side) then scroll down you will come across a ' Pant Identification ' thread, might be a good idea to post there aswell(y):)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Hopefully someone in the plant ID section will be able to help with your succulent (y)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Not sure what type of succulent it is, but make sure it's in gritty or sandy compost and only water when it gets very dry :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are many Mesembs of Vygies native to South Africa, some quite rare. The leaves of the plant pictured do remind me of some members of the genus Cephalophyllum, or perhaps Jordaaniella spongiosa, but these are not the only possibilities.
In any case, I agree with the other posters, the plant pictured is in dire straights due to rot and very unlikely to be recoverable.

Ask a Question