Growng Your Own Food To Help Protect The Environment

Reaction score
Personally, I think growing your own food can help reduce your carbon footprint. You can help protect air and water quality when you grow your own food organically, without chemical pesticides. You will also reduce the use of fossil fuels and resulting pollution from transporting to the supermarket. Planting your own food will benefit us and our environment tremendously. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
If you plant fruit trees, then there are health benefits even when they're not producing fruit: their massive leaf area actually filters some pollutants out of the air as they transpire CO2.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love being eco friendly:)
I feel very fortunate for having a garden. There is nothing better than eating fruits and vegetables that I grew by myself, because I know that they're really healthy. A few days ago, I read an article about pesticides. They're almost everywhere, it's crazy:(

Reaction score
@NautralBeauty_35 Not to mention you will also help yourself and your pocket ;) Because going organic is so darn expensive, so if you manage to grow a big portion of what you eat in an organic way, then you will also be helping yourself. Nothing more safe and healthy than growing your own veggies and fruit organically.

Reaction score
@NautralBeauty_35 Not to mention you will also help yourself and your pocket ;) Because going organic is so darn expensive, so if you manage to grow a big portion of what you eat in an organic way, then you will also be helping yourself. Nothing more safe and healthy than growing your own veggies and fruit organically.
Yes, your right. My family and I save huge by planting our own foods organically. We plant all types of fruits and vegetables on our land. On the weekends my family and I will go to the local market and sell some of the foods that we harvested from our land. It doesn't only help us save big but we benefit from it also. Making that extra money to put into our pockets!!! :D

These were picked yesterday and already set up to be sold at our local market tomorrow morning... :)

Attachments

• medium_b27ccc1e44a97a28aa3b33da05359328.jpg
    medium_b27ccc1e44a97a28aa3b33da05359328.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 368
  • 707159977.jpg
    707159977.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Reaction score
I could like every single post in this thread.

Increasing how much we produce and reducing how much we consume is great for both ourselves and the environment. It's win-win (unless you're a mass food producer of course ;))

Ask a Question