growing veg in garage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone have experience growing veg in garage? I've looked at some website. I'm thinking of doing it as a DIY project. So I'm but buying expensive grow tent. I taped up aluminium foil on a tarp. I've read up on lights, fan, etc. But one thing most website don't talk are problems. In particular, I'm concerned about water and moisture. The growing environment is enclosed -- the garage will be closed most of the time in winter and I'm going to enclosed a couple of wire shelves with tarp. And I'm going to water the plants. This will probably create mold in my garage. I'm thinking of getting a dehumidifier. I'm going to start small, say 6x6x6. I have not looked around a lot yet, but here's one from amazon for 220 sq ft.: dehumidifier.

Does anyone have experience growing veg in the garage to share especially lighting issues and problems to think about? Especially regarding moisture and mold issues. Will a small dehumidifier be enough. (One website says painting the garage with anti-mold primer and paint. That's too much work for me.)

1601219022270.png

Ask a Question