Growing Tulips Indoors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
A few days ago, I bought 10 tulips bulbs and planted them in water. They've just started growing! I'm so excited!:D

Here are pictures of vase #1:

tmp_DSC_07621229159511.jpg

tmp_DSC_0763-1898388845.jpg

And this is vase #2:

tmp_DSC_0764-1862766136.jpg

tmp_DSC_0765-1292887510.jpg

I chose two tulip varieties, Snow Crystal and Normandie:love:
Have you ever tried growing tulips in water? All advices are very welcome!:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is it! I am heading out to the store to pick up some bulbs today! Your success is contagious! I can always use some more tulips in my garden as the squirrels dug mine up and ate them from last year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Wow- I want to do that too.

I'm going to add bulbs to today's shopping list.

Thank you for posting this and starting a new spark!

Reaction score
Veel success, Claudine! (good luck in dutch). Your bulbs look super healthy, I'm sure they will be blooming very soon! By the way, the normandie variety is a really beautiful one! I hope to see the pictures of their blooms soon. Do you know what colors you are going to get?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you all very much!:) I'm super excited about this:D
Snow Crystal will be white, Normandie will be pale purple. I chose these colors, because most things in my apartment are either white or gray.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you Pat:) Growing tulips indoors is a lot of fun. They grow very, very fast! I'll keep posting pictures of them.

Reaction score
Lovely idea and although I've seen tulips grown this way before - I have to say that I really like your idea of using glazed pebbles in bottom of the vase - in the meantime will be looking forward to seeing pictures of them in bloom - especially as I'm sure that they are going to look just gorgeous :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you:) Actually, I wanted to use glass pebbles, but they didn't have them at the store, so I bough the white ones instead. I think it was a good decision, because they look really nice and clean:)

Reaction score
Thank you all very much!:) I'm super excited about this:D
Snow Crystal will be white, Normandie will be pale purple. I chose these colors, because most things in my apartment are either white or gray.

Omg!!!!! Your apartment sounds awesome!!! I've always wanted to have a Scandinavian style apartment... all white, grey and some purple. i bet it looks so darn neat :O Beautiful choice of colors! I bet your apartment looks very neat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you!:D
I love Scandinavian style apartments, because they look clean and elegant:) Unfortunately, the previous renters of our apartment left us two really ugly wardrobes and we can't get rid of them:( I think I'll try to hide them under climbing plants:D

Reaction score
Thank you!:D
I love Scandinavian style apartments, because they look clean and elegant:) Unfortunately, the previous renters of our apartment left us two really ugly wardrobes and we can't get rid of them:( I think I'll try to hide them under climbing plants:D

Oh nooo! What color are those wardrobes? I hope they are not brown! It's a shame you can't rid of them! Are they too ugly? Gosh, I hope you can get your apartment to look even more neat after getting rid of those ugly wardrobes :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, yes, they're brown! And they have gold details, lol. I can honestly say they're the ugliest wardrobes I've ever seen. But we won't live in this apartment forever, so it doesn't have to be perfect. One day, we'll buy our own place:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Some of my tulips got bigger. I think they'll bloom soon:D:love::

tmp_DSC_0828-1098477596.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Ah they're looking great! I wish I had more space to do the same. I love tulips so much. I used to go to a festival up in Mt Vernon WA every spring for the festival.

Ask a Question