Growing sweet corn?

Reaction score
Country
United States
What's everyone's sweet corn looking like? What variety are you growing? I got a late start this year and just planted mine.

I did a video last year on side dressing and can't wait to be at that stage this season.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Corn is one of those ">90%veggie" for me, that is to say greater than 90% of the corn our family consumes annually comes directly from my garden and in the case of corn its closer to 100%.

I grow it for the taste and over the years have tried several different varieties but none of them can equal or even approach the taste of triple sweet honey select. This corn has an 8.5 inch long ear with 18 to 20 rows of corn. In addition to tender sweetness and outstanding flavor, it has the long holding capability of the supersweets.

I normally stagger three plantings to provide a near continuous supply of fresh corn from June through Sept. This year, we have been experiencing monsoon rains with over 30 inches of rain just this past week alone. It has made germination a challenge and prevents cultivating like I normally would.

corn @22.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Corn is one of those ">90%veggie" for me, that is to say greater than 90% of the corn our family consumes annually comes directly from my garden and in the case of corn its closer to 100%.

I grow it for the taste and over the years have tried several different varieties but none of them can equal or even approach the taste of triple sweet honey select. This corn has an 8.5 inch long ear with 18 to 20 rows of corn. In addition to tender sweetness and outstanding flavor, it has the long holding capability of the supersweets.

I normally stagger three plantings to provide a near continuous supply of fresh corn from June through Sept. This year, we have been experiencing monsoon rains with over 30 inches of rain just this past week alone. It has made germination a challenge and prevents cultivating like I normally would.

View attachment 80474
Wow that's a nice crop!

Ask a Question