Growing Oyster Mushroom

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about the healing properties of mushrooms and I would like to culture my own mushroom one of these days. It seems that the Oyster Mushroom is the easiest variety to grow and only requires a small space. Harvest is also rather quick and can happen in 3 to 4 weeks. Anyone here with experience in growing oyster mushroom? Your input will be highly appreciated.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Grew some from a kit last winter, only had one flush of mushrooms, but they were very tasty.

Broke my toe on a tree stump whilst looking up at the Beech trees looking for them :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Its not hard to grow oyster mushrooms. You require spawn, rice straw and a dark house or chamber. The next step involves spawning on the wetted straw which should be mixed with gypsum and other nutriments for optimum growth of the mushrooms. Of absolute importance is to maintain the humidity and the conditions inside the chamber should be sterile.

Ask a Question