Growing Herbs Indoors

Reaction score
Hello,

I have one window in my bathroom that I think would be perfect for growing herbs. It gets full sun though, so it might get hot.

Does anyone grow herbs indoors? Did you buy a kit or start your own? What herbs are you growing?

I know I have a lot of questions, but I've been stuck on this one for a while. I wanted to start some parsley, but I haven't been able to actually make myself do it yet in case I do it wrong.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Growing herbs indoors is easy, so don't hesitate anymore and give it a try:) Currently, I grow mint and basil, my mother grows parsley. We bought the plants at the supermarket, they weren't expensive at all.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping to do a tiny bit of indoor gardening this winter, nothing fancy, and I was wondering if anyone had ideas on the easiest/best herbs to grow indoors.

Edit: Oh wow. Silly me. I guess next time I should browse the threads a little better before posting. People are talking about this elsewhere! I'll check there! :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love growing basil during winter, mostly because I like to use it on my salads :) You can also grow: bay, oregano, rosemary, sage, etc. I'm currently growing mint, sage and basil.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm hoping to do a tiny bit of indoor gardening this winter, nothing fancy, and I was wondering if anyone had ideas on the easiest/best herbs to grow indoors.

Edit: Oh wow. Silly me. I guess next time I should browse the threads a little better before posting. People are talking about this elsewhere! I'll check there! :p

No worries Yellowbird, easily done. I've merged the threads :)

Reaction score
Thanks so much, I didn't know that was possible! Now I can get the input and information without going back and forth. :)

Reaction score
Basil is something I'd like to try for sure, but I don't really use a lot of mint, thyme, or parsley in cooking. Any other suggestions for easy to grow herbs? Do people grow sage easily (not that I cook with sage often :/)?

Reaction score
I am thinking of growing herbs indoors as well. I would like to grow parsley and mint maybe some rosemary. I like cooking with herbs and it would be nice to have my own fresh herbs rather than having to go to the store to get them.

Reaction score
Do you just get small pots for growing plants inside? I know that seems like a silly question, but all I have ever done is the large, outdoor garden. I have always wanted to grow herbs inside and all year round. Do you need a little greenhouse or plastic dome over the plants? Where is the best place to keep the plants? Finally, how do you keep your pets away?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've only started herbs inside and then they do okay outside before burning! I want to start an herb shelf by the kitchen window. I am hoping I can find some insight into keeping them going longer than a month.

Ask a Question