Growing Duckweed

Reaction score
Have anyone here grown duckweed? These fast growing plant has very high protein content and can be use to supplement animal feed. Please share your experience about duckweed.

Reaction score
I've never heard of it, does it go by any other name? I'm interested in learning more about it.
I don't know any other name for it. I don't even think there is an alternate name for it. If you're interested in it, just google it and you'll get a lot of info about it. I've read much of the theory and now I'm looking at practicalizing.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I found some growing on a spring at the end of the Lleyn Peninsular, there were no streams nearby where it could have come from so it must have come in stuck to a duck or similar bird.

Only takes one small plant, it'll divide and cover the surface of a pond, but it blocks the sunlight so starves anything else growing under the water, turning it stagnant.

Ask a Question