Growing begonia from tubers

Reaction score
I have been trying to grow double begonias from tubers.. These are expensive here where I live and somehow they seem to grow up a bit and when I am expecting to see flowers they rot at the base and die. I do not over water them. I am very careful with these begonias.. can someone tell what is causing the problem?

Oops sorry .. I wanted to put this in the other plants section and seem to have posted this thread in the wrong place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm it's a tricky one as rot usually indicates too much water. Maybe try watering them little and often instead and see how that goes?

Reaction score
Hmmm it's a tricky one as rot usually indicates too much water. Maybe try watering them little and often instead and see how that goes?
That is what I thought at first and stopped watering my plants until the soil became dry to tough.. somehow that didn't seem to help. The plant breaks off just where the stem meets the tuber .. and you can see that there are signs of rot. I hope I can get some experts to answer this here...

Ask a Question