Grenfell

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Here, we have a hero who risked his own life to save these people trapped in the fire which was spread at a phenomenal speed by the insulation boards, which were in turn supplied by a government adviser who runs Celotex insulation.

Hero who battled to the top floor of Grenfell inferno: Fireman's heart-stopping account of heat so intense his blood started boiling as he desperately searched for survivors

• Firefighter Edric Kennedy-Macfoy writes about his life in the London Fire Brigade
  • His book Into The Fire: My Life As A London Firefighter goes on sale September 6
  • It offers the reader an insight into the highs and lows of life in the fire service
Source

This reminds me that Celotex man was (probably still is) a government adviser

Revealed: Boss of building firm that owns Grenfell tower insulation company is a government adviser on industry regulations
  • Mark Allen is a technical director for Saint-Globin in the UK, which owns Celotex
  • Celotex made the insulation used on Grenfell tower in Kensington
  • Mr Allen is a member of a government advisory board that makes recommendations on building regulations
  • The RS5000 insulation panels failed all safety tests after the tower inferno
source

Just how can the latter sleep at night?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Here, we have a hero who risked his own life to save these people trapped in the fire which was spread at a phenomenal speed by the insulation boards, which were in turn supplied by a government adviser who runs Celotex insulation.

Hero who battled to the top floor of Grenfell inferno: Fireman's heart-stopping account of heat so intense his blood started boiling as he desperately searched for survivors

• Firefighter Edric Kennedy-Macfoy writes about his life in the London Fire Brigade
  • His book Into The Fire: My Life As A London Firefighter goes on sale September 6
  • It offers the reader an insight into the highs and lows of life in the fire service
Source

This reminds me that Celotex man was (probably still is) a government adviser

Revealed: Boss of building firm that owns Grenfell tower insulation company is a government adviser on industry regulations

• Mark Allen is a technical director for Saint-Globin in the UK, which owns Celotex
    • Celotex made the insulation used on Grenfell tower in Kensington
    • Mr Allen is a member of a government advisory board that makes recommendations on building regulations
    • The RS5000 insulation panels failed all safety tests after the tower inferno
source

Just how can the latter sleep at night?
I have noticed that a pile of money seems to be the best form of mattress.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed that a pile of money seems to be the best form of mattress.
I've begun to realise that for money, people don't have the word conscience in their vocabulary!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Why would a woman travel to a country that xxx....oh lets just talk plants shall we? Its raining now and thats a harbinger of a wet fall which around here will result in an absolutely luscious spring!

Glad that you can predict your weather. British weather is so freaky, it's just exasperating! Like this humanoid who could do this when victims were burnt alive!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Glad that you can predict your weather. British weather is so freaky, it's just exasperating! Like this humanoid who could do this when victims were burnt alive!
@alp you are about to make me demonstrate the crazed behavior patterns of fungi, bacteria and some small worms that are embarassed and would prefer to remain anon. Application of a stringent female logic upon natural processes usually results in grand entertainment for grand fathers. Shall we dance?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
DM - you sound like an enigma to me! LOL! The language is so laboured and convoluted ...I wonder how Becky insulates herself from this totally obscure discourse!

Boy! It makes me giggle!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
DM - you sound like an enigma to me! LOL! The language is so laboured and convoluted ...I wonder how Becky insulates herself from this totally obscure discourse!

Boy! It makes me giggle!
Fortunately for you, your subtle engagement of the classic struggle comes at an opportune moment in time for me: because as the sun rises tomorrow my wife and I travel to the middle North East State of North Carolina. Therein resides my Becky's sister, Tamara, a Master of Consideration of the female character in French literature, a speaker of 4 languages additional to her native tongue including Russian French and Spanish and a general guide as to how to approach any conversation with my opposite sex. I hope to survive frankly, and with any grace of nature, make off having enjoyed some grilled food and Crimson Tide football.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Not only are we separated by a common language but also, an perhaps fortunately for you, your subtle engagement of the classic struggle comes at an opportune moment in time for me: because as the sun rises tomorrow my wife and I travel to the middle North East State of North Carolina. Therein resides my Becky's sister, Tamara, a Master of Consideration of the female character in French literature, a speaker of 4 languages additional to her native tongue including Russian French and Spanish and a general guide as to how to approach any conversation with my opposite sex. I hope to survive frankly, and with any grace of nature, make off having enjoyed some grilled food and Crimson Tide football.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
And I thought I was talking about the depravity of some human beings and some heroics of one who risked his life for strangers! :eek::LOL:

Ask a Question