Greetings to everyone!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello! I am The Bearded Buddha, and I am so happy to have found these forums! I have a feeling I am really going to find a ot of great advice here!

I am actually new to gardening - haven't grown much except for a few houseplants. But I am taking my first steps into the world of the garden, in the hopes I can provide delicious food for my family! I also have been diving deep into herbalism, and would love to have a place for medicinal plants, as well!

Thanks for taking the time to stop and read this! :)

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have... not as many as I would like to have! :p I recently got into plants and gardening in the last couple of years, and I am sooo hooked!

Mostly, I have succulents - they are so cute! I have a couple small cacti (cactuses?), a String of Pearls, a Stapelia Variegata (tho it isn't flowering right now), an Echeveria, a succulent that my plant app identified as Miniature Pine Tree, a small Jade, 2 Zebra Hawthoria (which are getting pretty bushy!), and an Elephant Bush.

I also have 2 Angel Wing Begonias. And that's all... for now! :p

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I am The Bearded Buddha, and I am so happy to have found these forums! I have a feeling I am really going to find a ot of great advice here!

I am actually new to gardening - haven't grown much except for a few houseplants. But I am taking my first steps into the world of the garden, in the hopes I can provide delicious food for my family! I also have been diving deep into herbalism, and would love to have a place for medicinal plants, as well!

Thanks for taking the time to stop and read this! :)

Good for you! It must be cool to grow edible/medicinal plants. I would grow lettuce, kale, salad greens, tomatoes, and peppers (if it gets warm enough), onions (everyone uses them so often), garlic (same as last), and potatoes (same as last). I would also consider growing chamomile (in my opinion, one of the most often used medicinal herbs), ginger (helps your digestive system, is an anti-inflamatory, and can ease headaches/migraines), and Valerian (good for insomnia and anxiety).

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks for the comment!

I am looking forward to growing everything and anything I can! I gathered seeds last summer/fall from various plants on my walks in nature, so I've got options!

Can't wait to get started!

Ask a Question