Greetings from North Central Idaho

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Kamiah, Idaho, which is the North Central part of the state. Most 'zone finders' say I'm a zone 7, but the University of Idaho says our specific area needs to go 'down' one zone, to a zone 6. I live on 55 acres, with about 6 acres of home and immediate surrounds, 20 acres of hay fields, and the rest wilderness forest. Previous owners put down black plastic, covered it with 6 inches of gravel and dirt, then river rock (ugh). To make things even more difficult, our soil is clay and basalt rocks, ranging in size from golf ball size up to so large a tractor is needed to get it out. Makes life interesting.

I originally came from California, first Southern California, then Central California. So I'm adjusting to the a whole new environment. I'm 70 and have been gardening pretty much my whole life, but it's like starting all over again :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forums, it`s really good to have you on board (y) It rather seems like you have your work cut out there - should be sufficient to keep you young ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome! You will adjust--just don't try to hurry your gardening. I sympathize with the plastic/gravel/river rock mess. But it can be cleaned up and you will prevail!:finger:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Ask a Question