Greetings From Michigan!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone! It looks like we might be expecting a milder than usual winter here in Michigan, so I'm going to experiment with a winter garden for the first time. I'm hoping to gain some insight from others who are much better at this than me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome! There's a few of us Michiganders here; I'm in mid-Michigan, a little north of Flint.

Love to hear more about your winter garden plans! You're right this is predicted to be one of the warmest winters ever, its gorgeous today. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Welcome to the forum!

Our zones are close? I never thought about winter gardening and looking forward to these conversations.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Great to have you here! Welcome! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4ish so they say..?
Country
United Kingdom
It is mild here too in the UK, although there is lots of rain.... No frosts here yet to speak of and still fairly warm, above 10 degrees, so much so that snowdrops are showing an inch or 2 of growth and Primulas are showing the flower heads.... I still have flowers on my Gazinia's and Antirrhinums from the summer. Anyway welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Hello there and welcome to the forum :) We have several members from Michigan, I'm sure you will end up feeling like at home over here :) And by the way, I think many of us are already experiencing a milder than usual winter, me included!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4ish so they say..?
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed, it will be a nightmare next season as all the bugs and pests that like to chew on our plants will survive the winter.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Hi everyone! It looks like we might be expecting a milder than usual winter here in Michigan, so I'm going to experiment with a winter garden for the first time. I'm hoping to gain some insight from others who are much better at this than me!
Hello and welcome! I'm attempting a winter garden this year as well, although I believe you'll have a colder climate than I (I live in northern CA). I'm experimenting with kale and spinach right now, two veggies I love and that I know can handle cooler weather. Good luck with your garden!

Ask a Question