Greenhouse is fixed

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately just in time for the current storm which is battering the caravan as I type :(
DSCN0744.JPG

DSCN0756.JPG

Managed to bash the frame back into shape and silicone the weather side of it, but there's nothing to stop the wind blowing straight across the field from the sea.

DSCN0759.JPG

Been out in the howling wind all day weaving a Willow fence to give it some protection. Don't know if it's gonna be there in the morning though :eek:

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wow, it looks great zigs! Good work!

I wish I could have some place like that for keep gardening. You will earn a great harvest for sure! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Looks good. Like your cold frames too. Forgot to ask, how did it get damaged at first. I have a poly gh and although it has not been damaged up til now, I do worry about what might be harmful for it. I dd once accidentally put part of the weight of my behind on a peak section and luckily it just popped back out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Impressive, Zigs! When are you coming out with that line of willow baskets? BTW, which willow species were you using for this fabulous project?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta all :)

Don't know if I could stretch to a basket Chanell :D Salix alba as far as I know.

Greenhouse is broken again :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Does your greenhouse have the channels/grooves on this inside of the rails that can hold clips?

If these would work you might be able to secure the covering with these as well as tape. They are extremely strong- I have hung some pretty heavy items from these.

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/plastic.shtml

Here is a link to them - scroll to near the bottom of the page - they are the green ones next to the spray adhesive.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know you will have the greenhouse back together quckly. I like your cold frames, what are you growing in the frames. The willow fence looks good, I know you put some time into putting the fence up, will you be adding more to the fence?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Ta all :)

Don't know if I could stretch to a basket Chanell :D Salix alba as far as I know.

Greenhouse is broken again :(

Zigs, can you put some kind of panel in front the greenhouse temporarily to protect it from the high wind? Maybe a piece of plywood? Folk here board things up during hurricane season. Maybe you could stand the board/panel in front and then stack cinder blocks to keep the board from falling over until you can come up with a more permanent solution.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Does your greenhouse have the channels/grooves on this inside of the rails that can hold clips?

If these would work you might be able to secure the covering with these as well as tape. They are extremely strong- I have hung some pretty heavy items from these.

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/plastic.shtml

Here is a link to them - scroll to near the bottom of the page - they are the green ones next to the spray adhesive.

Not got the groves, but i'm gonna slap loads of silicon on tomorrow, if it's still there, just had a worse storm than last night :eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I know you will have the greenhouse back together quckly. I like your cold frames, what are you growing in the frames. The willow fence looks good, I know you put some time into putting the fence up, will you be adding more to the fence?

Ta :)

Nothing in the frames yet, but there will be soon. Not adding any more till I grow some more Willow.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs, can you put some kind of panel in front the greenhouse temporarily to protect it from the high wind? Maybe a piece of plywood? Folk here board things up during hurricane season. Maybe you could stand the board/panel in front and then stack cinder blocks to keep the board from falling over until you can come up with a more permanent solution.

Not got anything to hand and its dark now :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a lovely greenhouse! I hope the high wind won't do any damage to it. It would be such a pity:(
Here, where I live, it has been windy lately too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Zigs, I have had mixed success using silicone. It is not as strong as you might like. Super on just about everything but gh. And if you accidentally get it on the adjoining panes, kiss the transparency good bye.
Been there.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think you're right Loriz, i'm gonna get a trade adhesive, they do one called "sticks like sh*t." Seriously thats how its printed on the tube :D

Well, despite having 2 solar panels ripped off and 2 of the Kayaks flung across the garden last night, there was no further damage to the greenhouse :)

Storms seem to have passed for now.

This branch wasn;t there yesterday :eek:
DSCN0760.JPG

Reaction score
Very nice. That is a really beautiful green house. I hope you have a great season getting things growing in it.

Ask a Question