Green Wall

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a small 4 unit condo building I am constructing. I was thinking about a green wall for the lobby. Maybe 10x10. I called in an expert and he gave a rough estimate of about 15k$. I used to setup aquariums and have a good general knowledge base about things. Im wondering if this is something I might be able to fabricate myself. WHat are your thoughts on this? could anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have a small 4 unit condo building I am constructing. I was thinking about a green wall for the lobby. Maybe 10x10. I called in an expert and he gave a rough estimate of about 15k$. I used to setup aquariums and have a good general knowledge base about things. Im wondering if this is something I might be able to fabricate myself. WHat are your thoughts on this? could anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance
Moss backdrop too. It likes vertical surfaces depending on light which you control. Use hypertufa like eifis.

Reaction score
Country
United States
ill look into that thank you dm. i happened to be at an exhibition today and they had a moss wall. the smell was really awful. is that typical ? obv that would be a deal breaker

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
There are sooo many choices. Up to and including some incredibly real looking artificial plants if mold were to ever be a consideration. I would think local climate knowledge would be necessary in the sense of local humidity and average temp tendencies. Plus the design work would be something I would struggle with and is probably the hardest part. Once the plants are determined, their needs would dictate the support mechanism. I could see myself bailing out into buxus or some other trimmably boring greenery.

Ask a Question