Grass cutting in a hail storm

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
When I went back to work after lunch today the sun was out and I had three quarters of an acre of lawn to mow and collect cuttings, it looked to be a glorious Autumn afternoon until after about an hour the sky became very dark and started to rain, the rain became very heavy and quite cold so I took shelter in the barn. While I was there I was kindly offered afternoon tea, which I great fully accepted, whilst drinking my tea the sky became so dark and the heavens opened with a huge hail storm. Ten minutes later the sun was out again and I was able to finish my grass cutting, Don't we just love British weather!!!!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
When I went back to work after lunch today the sun was out and I had three quarters of an acre of lawn to mow and collect cuttings, it looked to be a glorious Autumn afternoon until after about an hour the sky became very dark and started to rain, the rain became very heavy and quite cold so I took shelter in the barn. While I was there I was kindly offered afternoon tea, which I great fully accepted, whilst drinking my tea the sky became so dark and the heavens opened with a huge hail storm. Ten minutes later the sun was out again and I was able to finish my grass cutting, Don't we just love British weather!!!!

Typical English weather. We had had a sunny morning, and I worked outside until 12noon. Then out again 2pm, but there was a bit of rain, so decided to pack it in. But then after 2 minutes, it stopped and in fact the whole afternoon had been OK until 6pm when it rained for one minute and it all stopped. Very strange English weather.

We had hailstorm on Wednesday as well. Thunder and lightning and rumbles, but it all stopped after 20 minutes ..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States

Reminds me of an old saying where I live..."If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes."

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
remnants of hurricane Irma here. just rain for 2 days-nothing like what ravaged Florida, flooding so much of the state.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Raining for 2 days! Here, both lasted less than 2 minutes!:eek::cry: and I still had to lug water to the far end where it's sunniest and driest ..

Ask a Question