Grand son with new snowblower.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
My daughter lives in Wisconsin near the Minnesota border. They set a record in Febuary for the amount of snow in a month of over 4 feet. So when she got her income tax return she went right out and bought a snow blower. She had been quizing me on things to look for and what if any brands she should avoid.

I have a 3 year old Ariens Sno Tec I like and use around the house, but I also have a old MTD i picked along side road waiting for some one like me to come along or the trash man. The engine was toast with parts missing and just could not been repaired at a resonbable cost. I bought a 99.00 plus 20% off Habor Freight 212cc 6.5 hp engine and mounted it. I love the blower and keep it at the house that had belonged to my inlaws to clean the drive so it appears people live there.

Any way back to my grand son running moms new Ariens Deluxe snow blower Sunday morning with 5 inches of wet sticky snow.
They have had so many below Zero days with even worst wind chills my grand son said he was to warm so went in and changed to finish.

My road side MTD with the Predtor Hemi engine.

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Winters are only miserable in Michigan and other cold country states by whiners.
There are millions of us who really enjoy the winters. Should heard the gripping here in January when there was no snow to cross country ski on, snow mobile on or ice in the lakes to fish on, ice skate on and other out door sports.

Is good you moved because a lot of us would let you know what way south was when you started crabbing about the snow and cold.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
your right some people like the cold well im from LONG ISLAND N.Y. - 64 years of snow and high taxes enough was enough - GOD BLESS all you who love the snow - couldnt afford to re tire in N.Y. - besides i find GOD fearing people are a lot more in number than n.y.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I am from Ohio, lived there till I was 28 years old. Where winters can be hard also. One winter it got to 15 below zero. You always have snow before Thanksgiving. Having 10 inches fall or more is normal there. Life continues. Move to Southern Chester County, PA. where you may get a white Christmas. About 5 inches here, and there. Not too bad I would say, its just the worry about others driving in it that is the issue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My daughter lives in Wisconsin near the Minnesota border. They set a record in Febuary for the amount of snow in a month of over 4 feet. So when she got her income tax return she went right out and bought a snow blower. She had been quizing me on things to look for and what if any brands she should avoid.

I have a 3 year old Ariens Sno Tec I like and use around the house, but I also have a old MTD i picked along side road waiting for some one like me to come along or the trash man. The engine was toast with parts missing and just could not been repaired at a resonbable cost. I bought a 99.00 plus 20% off Habor Freight 212cc 6.5 hp engine and mounted it. I love the blower and keep it at the house that had belonged to my inlaws to clean the drive so it appears people live there.

Any way back to my grand son running moms new Ariens Deluxe snow blower Sunday morning with 5 inches of wet sticky snow.
They have had so many below Zero days with even worst wind chills my grand son said he was to warm so went in and changed to finish.

My road side MTD with the Predtor Hemi engine.

I have this same predator engine awaiting a mounting to a tiller. Any secrets?
IMG_20190313_121315.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very cool :) pun intended
Working in the snow really does work up a sweat!
I'm in Michigan and, although we didn't get as much as some, it has been a very white winter! The only "downside" of it was being out of power for 5 days .. it definitely made me even more grateful for electricity. Some things are so easily taken for granted.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Depending on the tiller. If it is a troy built horse I recommend the running rhe right side up on a piece of 2x4 fill the oil to full that way. then your good to go with out disableing the low oil sensor.

We haven't really had much snow here in SE Michigan but we were with out power for a bit.
Have a 7500 watt genorator I run every thing in the house we need and a smaller 3500 watt unit I use when removeing bees from places that don't have power. I hook that up to the things I need in the pole barn. Dogs house heaters, heated water dishes and the heat lamps over their food dishes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
we have a cat house heater here, water bowl heater. and a whole house generator (not clue the watt) but all works when needs to . so far this year no real outage but maybe 5 hours once.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Winters are only miserable in Michigan and other cold country states by whiners.
There are millions of us who really enjoy the winters. Should heard the gripping here in January when there was no snow to cross country ski on, snow mobile on or ice in the lakes to fish on, ice skate on and other out door sports.

Is good you moved because a lot of us would let you know what way south was when you started crabbing about the snow and cold.

Al, if you like Michigan, more power to you. I must say though that it hasn’t done much for your disposition judging from your snipey post. Calling people names and insulting them for their opinion seems ..............

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Wisconsin snow, yep been there done that. Have not seen it in years, I only visit in the summer these days. To use to the heat here in the south.

Ask a Question