Got a new rose today and it was free

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
There working on a house up the street from me and they were putting new siding on and had dug up the rose bush on the porch, I ask them what they were going to do with it and they said dump it in the trash so I said I would take it, now I have one more roses, the best part the tag was still on it, the tag read Red blaze climber, I have two all ready so why not 3. :rolleyes: I love my roses.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Awesome! I am always rescuing plants from the dumpster and the recycling center. Last fall I found a Clematis at the mulch recycling center still in the pot from Lowe's! It is hang out with my houseplants until I can plant it when the weather is warmer.

Yes, pictures please! I would love to see your roses!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
How lucky:D I hope it will grow healthy and beautiful. Rescuing plants is a great thing to do.
I've just googed red Blaze climber, it's a gorgeous variety!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow, you are lucky to get a rose and with the tag still on it! The name of it sounds fantastic and I can't wait for you to post a picture of the rose that is called "Red Blaze"! Must be beautiful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I wanted to see a picture.

:cry:
There not much to see now I cut it back to about 5 inches , it will have a better chance of growing well. Becky, I have around a doz rose that were free, you never know when some one will say yes when you ask :) Free roses are great if you don't mind if they don't have a name.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I found a pic of my other Red blaze from last year,

Red blaze.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That is so cool! I love red climbers. I would like to have one going up each corner of our house. So glad you noticed they had dug it up so you could give it a new home instead of it having to die. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That is so cool! I love red climbers. I would like to have one going up each corner of our house. So glad you noticed they had dug it up so you could give it a new home instead of it having to die. :)

There not much that goes on around my neighborhood that I don't know about, I walk the dog every morning and afternoon so I can see who is doing what to their yard and ho is digging out plants and tossing them into the trash, if I can't use them I will find some one who can. Retirement can be so much fun (y) and never boring.

Ask a Question