Good year for peppers

Reaction score
Looks like I will have a bumper crop of banana, cayenne, bell and jalapeno peppers this year. Looking for preserving ideas...anyone?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Chargrilled bell peppers preserved in oil are lovely! I also love pickled jalapenos, especially with cheese. Yum! Have you preserved any produce before?

Reaction score
I have done a lot of canning, but always on the lookout for good new recipes. Would like to try the bell peppers you mentioned, a little more info please?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I wish I could grow peppers in the summer but only in the fall and cannot find frying pepper plants

Reaction score
I wish I could give you some! I already have a bunch pickled, and I seriously need to pick again, with way more on this go around!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I wish to as I thought moving south would give me more time to plant and grow things because it is a longer season ,boy was I wrong .My veggie garden in NJ was always full and I had plenty to give to all my neighbors

Reaction score
ARGH!! Good year for peppers?!?!? I am OVERRUN with banana peppers!! Have another 2 gallons on my counter......

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
gosh wish i could get them here all you get is hot peppers and i love love fried peppers .My friend just sent me a box from NJ and they are all gone already and gosh yummy .

Reaction score
Looks like I will have a bumper crop of banana, cayenne, bell and jalapeno peppers this year. Looking for preserving ideas...anyone?

You are lucky. My loco chilli peppers, first ones I have tried to grow, have failed spectacularly. That could be the weather.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I would be interested if anyone could advise on whether I can keep these plants going over the winter in the hope they will produce peppers next year?

Reaction score
My experience with peppers is they are not cold hardy at all. Mine really like the heat which is why I think they did so well for me this year, we were HOT. I have no idea what your climate is like.

Reaction score
I always freeze mine. I just go ahead and wash them all up, clean out the middles/de-seed them, and then prepare them how I think I'll use them later. I'll slice some of them and then leave some whole. Later, they thaw out pretty easy and work great in casseroles, fajitas, etc.

Reaction score
I find that pepper plants are really easy to grow. They produce really well so I would like some preserving ideas as well. I like the pickled jalapenos idea.

Ask a Question