Good morning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to this forum, but have a great love of gardening and enjoy the challenge of gardening with a small black dog and lots of wildlife. I have a medium size garden with two ponds. The garden is visited by badgers, foxes and squirrels along with garden birds.
I have several acanthus mollis that have flowered beautifully, they didn't flower last year. I wonder if anyone knows if I should cut back the flowering stem once they have finished. They are about 4-5 feet tall and give me great joy!
thanks for your help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good morning,
The ponds are about 20 feet apart. The bigger one is in the patio in the middle of the garden, the smaller one is in the gravel garden at the top of the garden. The garden is divided into 4 areas. I have what I like to call the Mediterranean courtyard at the top of the kitchen steps. There is a path that goes along the side of the lawn, which is regularly scraped over by the badgers! Then there is a patio with a bench and a steamer chair, pots and a small maple planted next to the pond. The maple was a gift from a dearly loved friend. Then there are a couple of little steps that lead to the gravel garden where there is a dark themed flower bed. The smaller pond and a seating area under a rose arch, The arch is covered with a wonderful perennial sweet pea. There are three places where the birds and squirrels feed. It has been my haven over the last few months as my daughter has been very unwell.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Ask a Question