Gone With the Wind

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
2019 marked the 80th anniversary of the movie Gone With the Wind.
David O. Selznick bought the movie rights.
Olivia de Havilland starred as Melanie Hamilton. She will become Melanie Wilkes.
Vivien Leigh starred as Scarlett O'Hara.
Sidney Howard's original screenplay for Gone With the Wind topped out at 400 pages.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My wife is pure Maine. I was born in Montgomery, AL. I enjoy endulging in the GWTW movie every so many years as her Northeastern bent has to naturally produce commentary upon which I can heap a little of my own. Its not netflix and chill, but it does produce a little tension that is useful later.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
In one scene of Gone With the Wind, Rhett Butler was required to cry., Clark Gable did not want to shed tears on screen. Olivia de Havilland persuaded Clark to go through with the scene.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Vivien Leigh did not dance in Gone With the Wind. Dancer Sally De Marco was used as her double for the scenes at the Confederate Ball in distant shots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
During early drafts of the original book, Margaret Mitchell referred to Miss O'Hara as "Pansy". Margaret did not decide on the name "Scarlett" until just before the novel went to print.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gone with the wind was a true classic and spot on about the old days , I actually have family that was in that movie. If only there was more gardening in it. But it’s a very racist movie for one and although I love it .... it should be banned for the racism and twisted conservative views!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Early drafts of the book Gone With the Wind referred to Tara as "Fountenoy Hall".

Ask a Question