Gollum Succulent rotting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, I noticed the leaves of the gollum plant I have started falling off at the slightest touch (I only touched it once I notice them falling off themselves) - A few days after I noticed the ends (closest to the stem) of the leaves were rotting, turning a weird shiny, silvery colour
Shortly after, the stem also started to rot & up until today, I've pulled off 3 different parts of the stem of this particular section of the plant

Someone on another forum mentioned this might be happening because of the stress caused when I separated the plant (they were 2 different plants, planted together) but didn't offer any solutions :/
Is there a way to stop it from rotting (as this is also happening to the other half of the plant) or any other alternative explanations? as I'd really like to save this plant and haven't had much luck when asking around different forums

Attachments

• new.png
    new.png
    415.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 12.46.04 (wecompress.com).png
    Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 12.46.04 (wecompress.com).png
    442.2 KB · Views: 185
Reaction score
Country
United States
Your raised the water volume in the roots when you did a division on you succulents. That added too much water in the root zone and they are bursting at the joints because of added water. All you can do at this point, is take it out of the decor container and allow the nursery pot to air out, and let the soil dry well. Set up an oscillating fan in the room to help to dry the soil a little faster..

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Your Gollum Jade Plant (Crassula argentea 'Gollum') appears basically healthy. A certain amount of leaf drop and twig senescence occurs with this plant, and most similar succulents. Leaf drop is actually an adaptation for vegetative propagation, as a new plant can start from a rooted leaf. As long as new growth over the course of a year exceeds any losses, your plant is doing well.

Give your Gollum Jade good culture for good health. Light can vary from full sun to bright shade, Soil drainage must be good. Water regularly, but let the soil mostly dry before irrigating again. Fertilize occasionally with a complete, liquid fertilizer.

Ask a Question