Golden Japanese forrest grass

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
I hope this is in the right forum. I know its a grass. Is there a way to move the post to the proper forum?
I have a spot for this so I purchased it not knowing anything about it. The description was somewhat limited. It states the max height is supposed to 10" but nothing on the width. It also said grass turns red in the fall and that it is a perennial.
Does anyone know if it spreads?
Any information would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Golden Japanese forrest grass.jpg
    Golden Japanese forrest grass.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 274
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, Japanese Forest Grass (Hakonechloa macra) rises up about a foot and forms a slowly spreading clump, usually around two feet wide. Of course it can be divided in Spring or Fall if it does get excessively wide. The leaves will develop reddish tones in the Fall before turning brown for the Winter. There are several popular cultivars available, in a variety of leaf tones and patterns. The stock photograph you provided is Hakonechloa macra 'All Gold'. Is that the cultivar of the plant you purchased?

Ask a Question