Going round in circles

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Greeting's turf lovers,
Well its a nice dry day (at last) and ive been making the circles around the two last mini pear tree"s i planted last april,

They're both in full leaf and looking ok, I did make a small circle around the grass area of both these trees when i planted them but now ive made both circles larger and put taget plants in all the soil area of the circles, Its a handy way to liquid feed the trees and the space is now ready for a winter mulch if needed,

Making the circles is easy, i use an old metal wheel rim off a cart, i just lift it over the tree, get it even all the way round the tree base and cut out the circle using an edging tool,
Remove the rim and then cut the circle in sections so it breaks up into sections, You should now have a nice clean cut circle;
These cut up pieces go on the compost upside down and the new soil under we're the turf was is forked lightly and then new fresh well rotted compost put over it and then a few tagets plants placed in and give it a good watering,
Job done

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Greeting's turf lovers,
Well its a nice dry day (at last) and ive been making the circles around the two last mini pear tree"s i planted last april,

They're both in full leaf and looking ok, I did make a small circle around the grass area of both these trees when i planted them but now ive made both circles larger and put taget plants in all the soil area of the circles, Its a handy way to liquid feed the trees and the space is now ready for a winter mulch if needed,

Making the circles is easy, i use an old metal wheel rim off a cart, i just lift it over the tree, get it even all the way round the tree base and cut out the circle using an edging tool,
Remove the rim and then cut the circle in sections so it breaks up into sections, You should now have a nice clean cut circle;
These cut up pieces go on the compost upside down and the new soil under we're the turf was is forked lightly and then new fresh well rotted compost put over it and then a few tagets plants placed in and give it a good watering,
Job done

That's certainly a good idea, but not eveyone can find an old cartwheel.

I've used alkjathene water pipe in the past, it can be used to form a perfect circle if it isn't too small. It's available from plumbers' merchants.

I used it for these.

P1020448.JPG

P1020450.JPG

P1020451.JPG

I even used a bit here last month when I needed to cut a curved top in this replacement door for our fence between the house and the garage.

P1040182.JPG

P1040183.JPG

P1040207.JPG

P

Peace perfect peace

That's certainly a good idea, but not eveyone can find an old cartwheel.

I've used alkjathene water pipe in the past, it can be used to form a perfect circle if it isn't too small. It's available from plumbers' merchants.

I used it for these.

View attachment 67327

View attachment 67328

View attachment 67329

I even used a bit here last month when I needed to cut a curved top in this replacement door for our fence between the house and the garage.

View attachment 67330

View attachment 67331

View attachment 67333
Nice one and a good idea,

Ask a Question