Goedemorgen!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8b
Country
Netherlands
Goedemorgen everyone!

I just signed up here yesterday, and so far so good :D I'm liking this forum a lot, I can tell I will learn so much more about plant care. I am currently living in Noord-Holland, and I am starting to get my hand into gardening again. It seems this is the right place for that, almost all the houses here have plants and the Dutch seem to take so much pride in their gardening skills.

I used to do gardening when I was younger, mostly potted plants, but I stopped after a while. So my knowledge is rusty at best. I am starting again... all thanks to a nice kitchen herbs starters set I bought at the local ''Action'' (will show you the magnificent results - not bragging, it's just I had never really been able to grow anything from seed before, so to me it's totally wicked!).

We got 3 plants (my husband and I) from the Aldi just 2 weeks ago (might need id help for 1 of them). Can't wait to go to ''De Boet'' (huge gardening store in the Netherlands) and maybe get more plants later. They sell so many incredibly delightful things over there, that place is definitely a gardener's wet dream :love:

Anyways, that is all for now, pleased to to meet you all :)(y)

Have a great day and ''Tot ziens''

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Sefared :)
Im from the mildest parts of Cornwall in the UK so maybe I grow the more tender plants. Hope we share our plants, learning, experience by posting pictures too :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Goedemorgen!, good to see you Sefarad

Only joined this week too, so still finding my way around the forum
I'm from southern UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Sefarad, It is nice that you joined us. Welcome. I am near the port of Dover in the UK, and see many campers who also come from the Netherlands.....as do many of the plants in our gardens nowadays :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hallo, welkom! If you upload a picture of the plant requiring an ID, I'm sure we can help :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welkom! :) I have family in NL - in fact my uncle has lived there so long that he now speaks English with a Dutch accent!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi sefarad, looking forward to your gardening updates and to see what you buy from that great sounding store ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8b
Country
Netherlands
Hello Sefared :)
Im from the mildest parts of Cornwall in the UK so maybe I grow the more tender plants. Hope we share our plants, learning, experience by posting pictures too :)

Nice to meet you! Cornwall is a lovely place, would love to see what you are growing over there :)

Goedemorgen!, good to see you Sefarad

Only joined this week too, so still finding my way around the forum
I'm from southern UK

Nice to meet you, Upsy Daisy! It's a great forum, isn't it?

Welcome aboard Sefarad :D.

Thanks, Ian. Enjoying this forum pretty much so far :LOL:

Hello Sefarad.

Welcome Sefarad. Looking forward to some photos of the Netherlands, and your plantings. Hebben een goede dag!

Thank you :) Here they are:

17457534_1840431416211062_5823012602350984641_n.jpg

They a bit bigger now, this was taken last week. Nog een fijne dag verder :)

Hi Sefarad, It is nice that you joined us. Welcome. I am near the port of Dover in the UK, and see many campers who also come from the Netherlands.....as do many of the plants in our gardens nowadays :)

Thank you, I might do the same thing next year ;)

Hallo, welkom! If you upload a picture of the plant requiring an ID, I'm sure we can help :)

Thank you very much!

Hi Sefarad! :)

Hi Beth ;) Nice to meet you!

Welcome to the forums :)

Thank you, Zigs!

Welkom! :) I have family in NL - in fact my uncle has lived there so long that he now speaks English with a Dutch accent!

That is funny, I've some friends and family in the UK :love: Lovely place, looking forward what you grow there!

Hi sefarad, looking forward to your gardening updates and to see what you buy from that great sounding store ;)

Thank you, I'd like to post some pictures of that trip, I went to a smaller ''tuincentrum'' last Monday, bought 3 succulents and a yuca tree (my husband's choice)

Welcome Sefarad. :)

Thank you, Sheal :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome, Sefarad! I'm quite new too. Love the way you grew your seedlings.. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefcommander

Latest Threads