Glamis castle restoration walled garden

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Some you may know I am a volunteer gardener with my friend at Glamis walled garden restoration project.

I have blogs on blogger of what we have been doing .

This is the blog of the Apples on the wall.
http://blog.trowelslg.com/

And yesterday we took some time out of the walled garden to go take photos in the Italian garden .these are some of the new statues .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New obelisks

We see many visitors while working in the walled garden its a pleasure for us to stop and chat .

You can see myself and Karen on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I have many photos to share if you would like to see more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love the flowers in the last picture, their colors are so beautiful! It's a really gorgeous garden, it must be a real pleasure to take care of it,
I would love to see more pictures!:D

Reaction score
What an amazing project. It's so cool that you're a volunteer gardener. The statues look lovely, they'll probably look even better with a little age and weathering.
I had a look at your gorgeous photos on your blog. I've never seen apples that were just starting to grow. I've only seen apples that are fully formed.
They don't even look like apples when they're that tiny. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of different varieties of apple! You're going to be quite busy when it comes time to pick them. What happens to the apples? Do they get sold or made into anything?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Solioquy nothing has happened in the past to the Apples but there is a new company in the Castle Kitchen who will be using the apples when they cook ,also we shall bag them up for sale .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
What an amazing project. It's so cool that you're a volunteer gardener. The statues look lovely, they'll probably look even better with a little age and weathering.
I had a look at your gorgeous photos on your blog. I've never seen apples that were just starting to grow. I've only seen apples that are fully formed.
They don't even look like apples when they're that tiny. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Your welcome ACSAPA happy to share the pleasure with many photos.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful! I particularly like the flower bed full of blues and purples, it's my favourite colour combo for flowers. Those alliums look superb! I need to find somewhere in my garden to plant some...

Ask a Question