Ginger Farming: Tips Anyone?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am trying to venture into ginger farming also because of the high prices in the market as of this time. Do anyone of you here have any experience in planting and marketing of this root crop and the management practices in the planting of it? Thank you and more power to all of us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have ginger here and our purpose is to use it for cooking. We actually have several ginger plants scattered around the house so there is always available ginger when we need some. I haven't experienced planting ginger as a crop but I guess they require soft soil because ginger is a root crop. With marketing, it is not easy and I would suggest that you get in touch with vegetable traders.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thank you for the comment Corzhens. I have secured already some markets to sell my produce so there is no price in the marketing. As of now I am reading articles and browsing the internet for information regarding ginger planting for I really want to venture into it for a long time now. As far as my readings are concerned, I believe I can really do it and plant them in a 600 square meter lot which is still not used in our farm. Good luck to all of us and happy gardening to all.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Oops. What I meant was there is no problem in the marketing instead of price in the marketing. Thank you again and God bless us all. Keep them coming.

Ask a Question