Genetically engineered crops banned in Jackson County, Oregon in landslide victory against GMOs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
"(NaturalNews) A ban on the growing of all genetically engineered plants appears to be a landslide victory in Jackson County, Oregon. With 100 percent of the precincts reporting and a huge voter turnout of over 50 percent, nearly 66% of voters elected to ban all genetically engineered crops from being grown in the county."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/045237_g...rops_Jackson_County_Oregon.html#ixzz32SbtQ7e8

Reaction score
Kudos to them! I wish they did something similar in my state! I hope more states start doing the same, this is a great precedent so far. I don't buy what those brain-washed folks say about GMO's! I feel so happy someone is doing something about this! I truly hope this is the start, before those horrible GMO's ruin our lives, isn't like we needed extra help to get a disease like cancer, most of what we eat or rub on our skin is potentially dangerous, same goes for medical imaging using ionizing radiation. It truly seems they want to kill us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I hope they do something about GMO's here in Texas, too. It's not only cancer...it's birth defects, autism, and many more things that affect our health.

Reaction score
Yeah, I know cancer is only the tip of the iceberg (how awful is that, right!?!?). I worry the most about cancer tho, since we all have a baseline of 37% to develop cancer, those are only statistics. It really depends on our genetics, diet and lifestyle in general. Of course GMOs make things worse!

I have the feeling we are guinea pigs to them. Bet those working for these companies don't feed their families with that!

Reaction score
Hahaha, yeah! I think most of the veggies we are eating are GMOs, right? Sigh, when I was little we only had veggies and fruit, grown with the usual pesticides. You didn't hear about organic or GMOs... Now it seem you either go organic or you risk consuming GMOs :(

Reaction score
"(NaturalNews) A ban on the growing of all genetically engineered plants appears to be a landslide victory in Jackson County, Oregon. With 100 percent of the precincts reporting and a huge voter turnout of over 50 percent, nearly 66% of voters elected to ban all genetically engineered crops from being grown in the county."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/045237_g...rops_Jackson_County_Oregon.html#ixzz32SbtQ7e8

Well, its about time. Most of Europe from what I understand in either banning or has banned these horrible products. This meddling with genetics in our food supply is the reason for many of the diseases that occur in much higher numbers now, such as diabetes. This, along with dangerous herbicides (round up and such) have really hurt us, not helped.

Ask a Question