Gelsemium sempervirens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 7/RHS H5
Country
United Kingdom
Last autumn I found a Gelsemium sempervirens in the bargain bin of a local GC. I put it into the unheated porch and then when the weather turned cold in November I put it into the cool(ish) spare room. So although that explains the early blooms I can't really take to much credit as it blooms on the previous seasons growth..............

I'm begining to wonder if I've been a bit conservative with regard to its cold hardiness. Does anyone here grow it and how cold do you see it go?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last autumn I found a Gelsemium sempervirens in the bargain bin of a local GC. I put it into the unheated porch and then when the weather turned cold in November I put it into the cool(ish) spare room. So although that explains the early blooms I can't really take to much credit as it blooms on the previous seasons growth..............
View attachment 49062

View attachment 49063

I'm begining to wonder if I've been a bit conservative with regard to its cold hardiness. Does anyone here grow it and how cold do you see it go?
Never heard of this one @longk - but yellow is lovely with blues.... it would look gorgeous with Myosotis :giggle:

Ask a Question