Garlic and White Rot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, I'm not sure if I have white rot or not, they were doing well until about two weeks before harvest, then some starting dying off, on digging them up I didn't see any signs of the fungus but some of the cloves were "slimy" and turning yellow. We'd had about three weeks of wet weather, so I'm not sure if maybe they were maturing but could handle the water. Also some of this was garlic purchased online that I didn't sanitize (lesson learned). And some from bulbs I've been growing for 4 years, never a problem until this year. Had three different patches and all had a few in it. Any advice is appreciated.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
White rot starts at the base of the bulb and very quickly leads to total collapse of the plant. It is white like the name says.

Sounds like yours are just ripening and you had wet weather at the wrong time. Get them under cover and make sure they've got air circulation.

Ask a Question