Gardina

Reaction score
I have. Gardina tree I purchased that had a lot of dead on it. After trimming back dead it's seemed to flourish. More than a dozen buds developed and new green growth. No buds opened and all dropped. Now the leaves are turning yellow but starting with the veins then drop after entire leaf is yellow. I'm not sure what is wrong with the plant. Advice? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 295
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Judging from the healthy leaves in the background of the photograph in the OP, it appears the plant in question is a Common Gardenia (Gardenia jasminoides). What is interesting here is that the troubled leaf in the photo is displaying veinal chlorosis (yellow veins on a green leaf). Veinal chlorosis is less common than interveinal chlorosis (green veins on a yellow leaf), which usually indicates a metallic nutrient deficiency. However, veinal chlorosis may sometimes also indicate a nutrient deficiency (possibly Magnesium), but disease or vascular injury can also cause this pattern. If it is only happening in older leaves, it may be due to a mobile nutrient being taken from older leaves to new growth. The first step is to fertilize with a complete liquid fertilizer, if this not already regularly done. The second thing to try is to test the soil pH.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Bunny

Latest Threads