Gardens using Vermicast

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Does anyone here use vermicast as fertilizer in supplementing their plants. Vermicast are the organic wastes of African NightCrawler and its use is becoming famous in modern gardens today in huge and small gardens all arou

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not I! If vermicast is the organic wastes of African nightcrawler then I don't see any harm in using it. I usually avoid any kind of chemical, so this sounds like a great thing to fertilize the soil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Vermicast or worm castings are great soil amendments. The only thing wrong with them, at least in my part of the world, is that they are too expensive. The last time I looked a 20lb bag cost $33 whereas a 40lb bag of pelleted poultry manure with added P and K was $17

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Woh that really is expensive. Back here in the Philippines it is not that expensive although I prefer raising worms and producing vermicast on my own. I have done this for quite a while now and has been really wonderful for my farm and becaus of which I have a very productive and health oriented farm. Using it also supports organic agriculture because I do not use synthetic fertilizers because they may damage the plant eventually and may be unsafe for human consumption. Using vermicast assures me of fruits and vegetable produce that are equally healthy and safe for our consumers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have a compost bin here that is a plain planter box located in the side of our house. That is where we throw excess leaves and cuttings of vegetables in the kitchen. This morning when we were replanting some Welcome Plants for indoor use, I noticed the clump of soil that seemed to adorn the compost bin. My husband said those are waste matter of earthworms. And since those earthworms have lots of food so they have much refuse.... that is a good fertilizer.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Definitely, Corzhens those indeed are healthy stuff for your plants and mine and is encouraged to be used as often as we need it to. We will definitely see the results almost immediately as we can observe more healthy looking plants as I am having in our farm all the time. It is advisable that we use this type of fertilization because it is healthy and safe for our plants and definitely healthy for us, consumers of these produce as well. More power to all of us and as always, happy planting guys.

Ask a Question