Gardening "to harmonize and heal"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
This is a quote from the host of our weekly gardening show Gardening Australia, Costa. Isn't it lovely?:) The show is on Saturday evenings at 6.30 and it is my time. On the same show he said several other very quotable things but I only jotted down the title one, gardening "to harmonize us and to heal us" and this one..."gardening my soil AND my soul". I'm sure we can all relate to on so many different levels. I really am very glad that the Gardening Bug got me!:)
How about you?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I agree with the host of the show! The first time I planted some flowers and watched them grow, I felt wonderful. Then later on I planted some vegetables and saw them produce there were joy in my soul. It is hard to describe, but yes, peace and harmony!

Reaction score
Lovely! I must admit I don't feel that connected to gardening anymore because I'm still waiting to move in a couple of months, but soon I will start gardening again and will feel as connected as ever. The first time I grew something was magical... growing my own cucumbers and eating them was amazing!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Lovely! I must admit I don't feel that connected to gardening anymore because I'm still waiting to move in a couple of months, but soon I will start gardening again and will feel as connected as ever. The first time I grew something was magical... growing my own cucumbers and eating them was amazing!
lm sure you will Trellum. Perhaps th bug is lying dormant and will arise again when you make your move.....Bit like herpes!:confused::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I think the gardening bug must be part of me--I've never been not gardening. I started as a toddler, weeding the onion bed (even toddlers can distinguish between onion leaves and weeds) and it just went on from there. For the years in college, I had house plants on the windowsill of the dorm room, and when I moved to an apartment afterwards, I had a window box of plants.
Now we have acreage to play with, and I can experiment with different varieties of known plants, and try out new ones. I love flowers, herbs, vegetables, and almost anything green.
I am most happy when weeding, picking, staking up, and just standing in the middle of growing things and grinning like a loon!

Reaction score
lm sure you will Trellum. Perhaps th bug is lying dormant and will arise again when you make your move.....Bit like herpes!:confused::ROFLMAO:

Hhahaha, you are very funny, by the way, I am jut curious, is the picture in your avatar from your garden? It's really pretty :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Hhahaha, you are very funny, by the way, I am jut curious, is the picture in your avatar from your garden? It's really pretty :)
Yes it is. It's my parterre. I had a tree, then I put a circle around it, and then I put a square around it and then I thought I'd put triangles on each side. I got up in the morning and saw I'd made a star. I thought it looked silly and I'd have to undo it and then decided it looked good. Now it's nearly a proper hedge, trim often and little I've been told. I'm glad you think it looks pretty. Thank you Trellum.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I think the gardening bug must be part of me--I've never been not gardening. I started as a toddler, weeding the onion bed (even toddlers can distinguish between onion leaves and weeds) and it just went on from there. For the years in college, I had house plants on the windowsill of the dorm room, and when I moved to an apartment afterwards, I had a window box of plants.
Now we have acreage to play with, and I can experiment with different varieties of known plants, and try out new ones. I love flowers, herbs, vegetables, and almost anything green.
I am most happy when weeding, picking, staking up, and just standing in the middle of growing things and grinning like a loon!

Sounds perfect to me Marlingardener. :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
There is a Chinese saying that if you want to be happy all your life, be a gardener. I am not much for gardening but since my husband is a good gardener, I have learned to love it especially during harvest time, hahahaaa. But I really can feel now the growing plants that I see everyday unlike before when they were nothing to me.

Reaction score
Yes it is. It's my parterre. I had a tree, then I put a circle around it, and then I put a square around it and then I thought I'd put triangles on each side. I got up in the morning and saw I'd made a star. I thought it looked silly and I'd have to undo it and then decided it looked good. Now it's nearly a proper hedge, trim often and little I've been told. I'm glad you think it looks pretty. Thank you Trellum.

You did it yourself? Man, you guys make me feel I got to be way more active with gardening and learn more! I can only see a bit of your garden, but I can tell from that bit it looks gorgeous :) It's admirable you take care of it all on your own.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I like this quote:)
Taking care of plants and watching them grow can be really relaxing. Currently, I spend a lot of time with my miniature roses. They're blooming. It cheers me up a little:)

Ask a Question