Gardening in a new state

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

New to this forum, used to garden a bit in Denver, colorado but have moved to Dallas, TX in the last year and need some help. We don't have an open area for a vegetable garden and the soil is incredibly clay-y.

So, this is my plan to build a raised bed over the lawn. I am planning to remove the lawn grass prior to starting the lawn. A question for the group here, there's an existing sprinkler system.

So the area I am planning to build has 3 sprinklers (under the same Zone). If i just turn off the zone, a portion of that zone will die. Any ideas on what I can do? is there a good way to figure out the exactly determine an area covered by 1 of the sprinklers?

Thank you so much!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
They do make adjustable sprinkler heads so that you can shape the direction to where it waters. You could potentially replace the sprinkler head with the adjustable one to direct water away or towards a direction.

Otherwise, temporarily put a Rubbermaid type container over the the other two blocking their jets and see where the one makes the grass wet.

Ask a Question