Gardening book recommendations

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A good gardening book can be a fantastic resource, so I thought it might be a good idea for us to share which books we have found most useful!

For me, I always find myself thumbing through a book called 'Perfect Plant Perfect Place' by Roy Lancaster. It is organised by sections which makes it a really useful way to narrow down what you are looking for. For example, if you are looking for a flowering shrub to go in a shady area of your garden, or an indoor plant to go in a warm sunny spot - you just flip to the relevant section. It's so useful!

What book(s) would you recommend?

Reaction score
'Garden Plants for Scotland' by Kenneth Cox & Raoul Curtis- Machin. Best £25 worth of book I ever spent. The text is just as valid for anyone in the U.K. who gardens in cold/ wet/exposed/ windy places.

Reaction score
I really enjoy gardening as it helps me to relax, however as I have a full time job I can’t spend as much time in the garden as I would like. So I wanted to find a gardening book that would help me maintain my garden, but would also help me save time on my gardening tasks. I found just the book it’s called “RHS gardening through the Year” it has saved me a bucket load of time. For example it has checklists for each month so I can keep ahead of the game. The book is also broken down into categories and contains some great projects if you’re up to it!

Ask a Question