Gardening Application for kids

Reaction score
United States and at times out of country
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
My niece has recently put us onto a free gaming app called, 'My Free Zoo'. She wanted us to play it with her and now we have found it quite addictive. Although the main objective is to place animals in your virtual zoo, the majority of the time you are planting a garden. The game is being used by her school for educational purposes because the children have to use money, design, and fore-thought when planning and designing their gardens and or zoo. Has anyone tried it yet? I warn you - once you start you might spend less time in your real garden!

Reaction score
Awesome! I know several ''gardening'' games that just don't have enough gardening in them! I'll definitely try this one out! I liked Farmville, but he game got kinda weird after a bit! Plus I didn't like having to add all those people I didn't know to my FB just to play it. It was a cool game tho.

Reaction score
How old is your niece? I have a three year old and wonder if this is something he might like. He defiantly enjoys all things technology, so if I squeeze in some "gardening education" with it, that is defiantly a bonus.

Reaction score
United States and at times out of country
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
How old is your niece? I have a three year old and wonder if this is something he might like. He defiantly enjoys all things technology, so if I squeeze in some "gardening education" with it, that is defiantly a bonus.

My niece is 11 but I think a lot of kids younger than her would enjoy it. I noticed that there were other games under the same gaming community called things like, 'My Free Farm', etc. So maybe some of those might even be good for younger kids. You could try exploring. But it is not that hard to work when it comes to placing the flowers, trees, and animals. However, when it comes to detracting the dollar amounts (you receive benefits for planting, etc.) it might be difficult for younger children. But under the supervision of an adult, I'm sure they would have fun learning and who knows - they might gain some early development!

Reaction score
My niece has recently put us onto a free gaming app called, 'My Free Zoo'. She wanted us to play it with her and now we have found it quite addictive. Although the main objective is to place animals in your virtual zoo, the majority of the time you are planting a garden. The game is being used by her school for educational purposes because the children have to use money, design, and fore-thought when planning and designing their gardens and or zoo. Has anyone tried it yet? I warn you - once you start you might spend less time in your real garden!
We love it too !! My youngest one started with it and then he showed me as well. Soon we were all doing it! I think it's great that they use it in schools. I can see where that would be quite helpful and really teach kids about money, planning and planting things. Nice to see there are games that the kids find fun and are not destructive or violent. :)

Thanks for sharing !!

Danyel

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Some time ago, I used to obsessively play My Farm;) It's such an addicting game. It's very simple and cute, so children can play it too. Of course it's much better to just go outside and plant real fruits and vegetables, but I think that games like this are perfect for winter, when our gardens are covered with snow:)

Reaction score
My niece is 11 but I think a lot of kids younger than her would enjoy it. I noticed that there were other games under the same gaming community called things like, 'My Free Farm', etc. So maybe some of those might even be good for younger kids. You could try exploring. But it is not that hard to work when it comes to placing the flowers, trees, and animals. However, when it comes to detracting the dollar amounts (you receive benefits for planting, etc.) it might be difficult for younger children. But under the supervision of an adult, I'm sure they would have fun learning and who knows - they might gain some early development!

Thanks for the suggestions. My son got a tablet (kid friendly) for his birthday from his grandparents and so I'm always looking for things that are fun, but education for him to play with. He LOVES animals, so I will have to look up the "My Free Farm". He's good at clicking, it's the click and dragging that is difficult.

Ask a Question