Garden Paths

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
When it comes to leaving space for anything else but greenery I am quite thrifty even when it comes to garden paths. My garden paths are no more than two and a half feet. If you want to go hand in hand in my garden forget about it ;) But I must admit they do look classy if I might say so myself. :p

path.jpg
002.JPG
004.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love them, they are well integrated with your garden and look like they belong there. I'm like you, I like them to be narrow and intimate. I think you've done a wonderful job.

I've always wanted to add paths into my gardens, but have just never gotten around to it. We move so often, usually only stay 4-5 years, I never really get the time to do complex things like that.

Reaction score
Your garden is very beautiful :) I love your garden paths, they do look classy ;) I'd love to have a garden big enough to do that, there are so many garden path designs I'd love to try, but we will have very little space in our house, so no way.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I love them, they are well integrated with your garden and look like they belong there. I'm like you, I like them to be narrow and intimate. I think you've done a wonderful job.

I've always wanted to add paths into my gardens, but have just never gotten around to it. We move so often, usually only stay 4-5 years, I never really get the time to do complex things like that.
Paths do add a touch of class.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These garden paths are lovely!:) I like them very much. Your garden is a beautiful place, Grouie. All your plants look so healthy and big!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Your garden is very beautiful :) I love your garden paths, they do look classy ;) I'd love to have a garden big enough to do that, there are so many garden path designs I'd love to try, but we will have very little space in our house, so no way.
Thanks.We gave up our city life just so that I can have those paths.:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Paths do add a touch of class.
They really do, don't they? Every time I plan a garden, and that's all the time, I always include a meandering path through it. I want to be able to walk through the garden not just beside it. I want to be able to see the plants from a different perspective. Plus, I love incorporating hardscaping into the garden.

Sadly, I've never lived anywhere long enough to put one it. :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
They really do, don't they? Every time I plan a garden, and that's all the time, I always include a meandering path through it. I want to be able to walk through the garden not just beside it. I want to be able to see the plants from a different perspective. Plus, I love incorporating hardscaping into the garden.

Sadly, I've never lived anywhere long enough to put one it. :(
I quite understand. After investing and then just leaving them behind - not something that would be done with enthusiasm.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I quite understand. After investing and then just leaving them behind - not something that would be done with enthusiasm.
Even without the hard work putting in a path, it's always hard to leave my gardens behind. So few people really keep up with a garden when they buy a home. They look at the beauty of it when they look at the house, and it may actually encourage them to buy it. But when they realize what hard work it can be, if you let the weeds get ahead of you, they stop and it all goes away in a year or two.

I have driven past houses we've owned before and am saddened at the state of my gardens. :( There have been times when I've dug up plants to take with me!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Even without the hard work putting in a path, it's always hard to leave my gardens behind. So few people really keep up with a garden when they buy a home. They look at the beauty of it when they look at the house, and it may actually encourage them to buy it. But when they realize what hard work it can be, if you let the weeds get ahead of you, they stop and it all goes away in a year or two.

I have driven past houses we've owned before and am saddened at the state of my gardens. :( There have been times when I've dug up plants to take with me!
Not everyone is as dedicated as you and some of us are.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Not everyone is as dedicated as you and some of us are.
It's more compulsion than dedication. I just can't not get outside and play in the dirt. I guess maybe I've never grown up. I have moved away from mud pies and into gardening - a little more refined and mature!!

It doesn't matter how long we plan on staying, I just have to put in some pretty flowers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It's more compulsion than dedication. I just can't not get outside and play in the dirt. I guess maybe I've never grown up. I have moved away from mud pies and into gardening - a little more refined and mature!!

It doesn't matter how long we plan on staying, I just have to put in some pretty flowers.
A nice garden can do so much for one's happiness.

Ask a Question