Garden indoors for the winter

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Hey y'all,
I hope everyone is having a great day. I could use some advices from experienced and less experienced gardeners on this forum. It's my last year of my engineering high school, and to prove our knowledge we have gained past few years in school, we have to make a project. Since I have helped my parents around the corners and of course on garden as well since i was a kid, I decided it would be nice to have an indoors garden for the winter since winters in central Europe are cold and the climate doesn't allow us to grow crops outside unless you have a greenhouse. My question is how much space in your apartment would you generally "sacrifice" for growining your own vegetables, speaking of the surface in m2. I think that this product would also be perfect for people living in cities since they dont have a garden and would love to eat fresh homegrown vegetables and maybe even save some money. And the question for experienced gardeners: what crops are the best to grow indoors and don't take much room? Is beside room temperature, soil humidity, good lighting and nutrition anything else important that i forgot to mention?
I'm looking forward to reading your answers, thanks to everyone who took time and helped me with my research,
slovenianguy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum, have you seen 'vertical' gardens? basically taking up a wall floor to ceiling, but not too much floor space. I have no idea how suited to growing edible crops they would be, but I am pretty sure I have seen a thread about them somewhere on the forum.

Ask a Question